Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome to Our Blog!

Hello,Quilters!
Welcome to the Buckeye Blossom's new quilting blog, titled "Talk About Quilts!". This is designed to be a place where we can keep in touch, ask questions, and see what everyone is working on! I am not great with blogs, but will try to incorporate whatever you want - as long as I can figure out how to do it!
For our first topic, let's share our favorite places to shop for fabric - local and online. Is there a good sale anywhere? You know we all love deals!
My favorite quilt shops are Valley Quilts, Bella's and Complete Quilting. The best online deal I know of is from Honey Fork Fabrics - they have a bundle of 25 fat quarters for only $30. And the best part is you can request that they include specific colors or specific type of fabrics such as Civil War, 1930's, florals, novelty, etc. I have been pleased with the quality of the FQ's I purchased. If you want to check it out, look at the birthday FQ's at the next meeting. I requested some Civil War FQ's and they seem nice. The FQ's in the birthday box that are rolled are the ones from Honey Fork (honeyforkfabrics.com).
So, where do you like to shop and what deals do you know of?
Click on the word "comment" below to leave your comments!
Linda

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite stopping places are Valley Quilts and Bella; I also enjoy stopping at Seams So Easy in Fairfield. I love supporting local quilt shops, and I do my share, but I also enjoy a trip into Kentucky to The Quilt Box and lets not forget Polar and The Back Door in Indiana for a little fun excursion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to the shops you mentioned in KY or IN. You will have to fill me in on them!

      Delete
  5. Most of you will have visited this other local store SANE. I just visisted there this past weekend when they had their big sale. Lots of good fabric and the price is one of the best I have seen locally. During the quilt retreat several people followed up on a tip from the cooks and took a side trip to the Ben Franklin's in Arcanum. It's a step back in time to visit this place. We also heard there was another fabric store we missed there owned by German Baptists. Next year I will be going up early to take a side trip before the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Quilters Studio in Loveland, OH. If you love batiks, this is the place to go. I also like the new Lavender Street shop on Montgomery Road, and of course, the Fabric Shack. Stitches 'n Such in Glendale is a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete